This is the common name for Howard Hughes famous flying boat that flew briefly once in 1947, was retired to a hangar and never flew again. Following some uncertainty after Hughes died the aircraft eventually spent some time on display in Longbeach before being acquired by the Evergreen Aviation Museum where it arrived in 1993. After restoration work it was placed on display in a purpose built hangar where it remains. The aircraft is enormous. It was powered by eight engines and has a 320′ wing span. The width of the tail plane is wider than a B-17 wingspan. Unfortunately the size means it is difficult to get decent pictures but it is hard not to be in awe of this aircraft.